Thursday, August 30, 2007

I now recognize the Senator from Idaho...Trigger

Everyone is commenting on Senator Craig's behavior, and I must now add my two cents. While I don't condone lewd behavior (at least not in an airport bathroom, with an undercover cop...unless she's hot), my bigger problem is that the messages he sent were recognized as signals used by persons wishing to engage in lewd behavior.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/08/27/craig.arrest/index.html#cnnSTCText

There are recognized signals for wishing to engage in lewd behavior? And they involve tapping a foot? How many times have I sent lewd messages...wait...this kind of lewd message, and not known it? And who, aside from showbiz horses (not the Shelley Long kind, the Trigger kind), communicates by stomping a foot? Was this signal originally used to communicate a wish to engage in lewd behavior with a horse? Given that, who really is surprised that this happened to the Senator from Idaho?

The real-life followup questions that I wish to ask:

1) What was the next day at work like?

2) Did you feel the need to pull a Tom Selleck or Mike Piazza and hold a press conference stating you are allegedly not gay?

3) Not that I need to know other than to make sure I avoid these, but where/how did you learn these recognized signs?

4) Earlier in the alleged day, did the Senator get a fortune cookie stating: "Man peeing in stall is best to pee alone?"

My Grandfather always told me that real-life is the best teacher. I guess the subject really doesn't matter.

No comments: